- President Donald Trump tweeted from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Saturday, amid new reports about his coronavirus diagnosis.
- “Tremendous progress has been made over the last 6 months in fighting this PLAGUE,” he tweeted. “With their help, I am feeling well!”
- Trump was flown to Walter Reed from the White House on Friday.
- He will reportedly stay at Walter Reed for the next few days as a precautionary measure.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump tweeted from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Saturday, praising the medical institution while new reports emerged about his coronavirus diagnosis.
Trump, who announced that he and First Lady Melania Trump had contracted the disease early Friday, was flown to the hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, later that day. He will stay at the hospital for the next few days as a precautionary measure.
“Doctors, Nurses and ALL at the GREAT Walter Reed Medical Center, and others from likewise incredible institutions who have joined them, are AMAZING!!!,” Trump tweeted. “Tremendous progress has been made over the last 6 months in fighting this PLAGUE. With their help, I am feeling well!”
—Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 3, 2020
White House physician Sean Conley presented a confusing timeline regarding the president’s infection on Saturday morning, saying that the President was “just 72 hours into the diagnosis now,” which would have meant that he knew he was sick on Wednesday and not on Thursday as the public was previously told.
On Saturday afternoon, Conley released a statement saying that he misspoke and that Trump was indeed diagnosed on Thursday night, later receiving an antibody cocktail on Friday.
Conley also told reporters the president was not currently using supplemental oxygen, but would not clarify whether Trump had used it so far in his coronavirus treatment. The AP reported that the president was given supplemental oxygen at the White House before heading to the hospital.
Following his “progress” update, Trump tweeted about the economy, advocating the passage of a stimulus plan that has been stalled in Congress for months.
“OUR GREAT USA WANTS & NEEDS STIMULUS,” he wrote. “WORK TOGETHER AND GET IT DONE. Thank you!”
Something is loading.