If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Visitors flock to DC for its history, iconic landmarks, top-notch restaurants, and world-class museums.
- Airbnbs are a safer option than hotels, and range from Victorian rowhouses to penthouses with views.
- We rounded up the best Airbnbs in Washington, DC, ranging from $98 to $500 per night.
There’s far more to Washington, DC than politics and the National Mall. Whether you’re in town to see the iconic landmarks, experience thousands of cherry blossom trees achieve peak bloom, explore the historic sights of DC’s Black Broadway (now the U Street corridor), dine at one of the city’s many Michelin-starred restaurants, or enjoy the world-class museums, the nation’s capital has something to suit a wide range of traveler interests.
And from the historic façades of Capitol Hill to the salty air promenades along the Southwest Waterfront, DC is a culmination of its distinct neighborhoods.
While there are many great hotels and B&Bs in Washington, DC, to choose from, both experts and the CDC advise picking private home rentals like Airbnbs over hotels amidst the pandemic. Not only do you come into contact with fewer people, but Airbnb has also implemented strict Enhanced Clean protocols that all hosts must adhere to while renting out their properties.
Despite these enhanced safety measures, there are still risks associated with traveling for leisure right now, especially to cities. We always recommend following CDC and WHO guidelines when it comes to protecting yourself, such as double masking in public spaces, frequent hand washing, and practicing social distancing. Be sure to read up on local DC guidelines and check to see what monuments, memorials, and museums are open to the public before traveling.
With all that in mind, if you are planning a getaway to the District of Columbia, the city’s expansive Airbnb inventory ranges from penthouses with rooftop views to Victorian-era rowhouses in historic neighborhoods.
We selected the best Airbnbs in Washington, DC based on the following criteria:
- All listings selected are exclusively for the private home or apartment, per current expert recommendations.
- While affordability was a priority, so was location and walkability to DC’s most famous memorials and sights. These rentals have starting rates between $98 to $500 per night and range from sleeping two guests to eight.
- All are top-rated properties, with a review score of 4.8 or higher, and several are coveted Plus listings.
- Each property has several unique features and amenities, from Victorian-era turrets and antique furnishings to coveted private rooftop patios and original pieces of art.